WOD for 121218
12 Min Front Squat: 1X5 @ 75%, 1X3 @ 80%, 1X3 @ 85%, 3X1 @ 90% Then...
Outlaw Open #2
Part 1a: 2 minutes to establish a Max- Height Vertical Leap Part 2: Men- 12-9-6 of: Muscle-Ups Front Squats @ 250# For time. Women- 9-7-5 of: Muscle-Ups Front Squats @ 160# For time. *8 minute time cap.
Part 1b: 2 minutes to establish a Max- Height Vertical Leap
Sweet Curried Cauliflower Soup
- 1 head of cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ can coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken broth (or veggie broth)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean off your cauliflower and roughly chop into florets. Pour just a little olive oil on top with a bit of salt. Roast for about 20 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, pull out a soup pot and add a little bit of olive oil to it over medium heat.
- First add your minced garlic, once the room is fragrant, add chopped onions and apples, once they’ve begin to sweat (I love that term), add your chicken broth and coconut milk.
- Then add your spices and honey.
- Simmer under low heat for around 5-8 minutes.
- Now add all to your immersion blender or food processor (like I did). I had to do mine in 2 separate batches so it didn’t overflow.
- Add a little dollop of honey on top. Add meat if you’re smart. Or don’t. It’s your food.
Mobility WOD: The couch stretch. Greatest stretch ever for the hips.