Strength: 20 minutes to 1rm Snatch
Conditioning: 3 rounds:
- 5 Parallette handstand push-ups
- 10 Toes through rings
- 20 pound Medicine ball cleans, 15 reps
Important caveat: Try to use the best ingredients you can find because when you’re just chucking stuff into the slow cooker, you’ll end up with crap if you start with bad ingredients.
Follow the jump for the recipe!
Here’s what goes into the slow cooker to feed 4-6 people:
- 2 small onions, sliced thin
- 6 cloves of garlic,smashed
- ½ pound baby carrots
- 2 pounds of pork shoulder, cut into 1.5 inch cubes or a 3 pound bone-in pork shoulder roast
- 1 tablespoon of Sunny Paris seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Red Boat Fish sauce
- Kosher salt Freshly ground pepper
- ½ cabbage, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cup Rao’s marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon of aged balsamic vinegar
Here’s how to make it:
I cut up the onions and smashed the garlic cloves and threw them in the bottom of the slow cooker with the baby carrots.
I sprinkled on some salt and pepper and mixed the veggies to combine.
Then, I tossed the pork with Sunny Paris seasoning, the fish sauce, salt, and pepper and layered the seasoned cubes on top of the vegetables.
I tucked in the cabbage, drizzled on the tomato sauce, covered the stew with the lid, and cooked it on low for 8-10 hours.
When the pork was tender, I tasted the stew for seasoning and added a drizzle of balsamic vinegar to balance out the sauce.
Mobility WOD Episode 35: