Foodie Friday Returns!
Thank you to Jamie and Ben Dion for contributing their favorite dish to this week's post. CrossFit Elevators, try it out and get back to us on how it turned out. Do you, too, have a dish to die for? Send it over to Coach Whitney to see it featured in a future Foodie Friday!
Dion University Bang Bang Crack Chicken (Southern Thai Chicken)
5 Chicken thighs-bone in, skin on (rinse and pat dry)
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 ½ tbsp. fish sauce
2 ½ tbsp. oyster sauce
1 tsp pepper, ground
3 tbsp finely chopped cilantro stems (as finely as you can mince)
1 tbsp ground turmeric
¼ cup brown sugar
(Optional, but highly recommended) Dried red pepper flakes-as much as you like depending on heat tolerance.
- combine marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Add chicken and coat thoroughly in marinade, transfer into pan/baking dish
- Marinade at least three hours, preferably overnight
- Remove from refrigerator, let chicken rest, pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Place chicken on a sheet pan, skin side up, scrape all marinade out of pan and dap onto chicken
- Bake at least 40 minutes, but until skin is crispy to the touch and internal temperature is at least 165 degrees
Serve with rice of choice (I prefer jasmine) fresh cucumber slices and cilantro. Voila! It’s an explosion of flavor in your mouth; you can’t stop at just one.
Skill work: 10 minutes to practice handstand push-ups
12 Sumo deadlift high pull 75/55#
8 Thrusters 75/55#