WOD for 121114:
15 Minutes to Establish a 5RM Hang Power Clean and 2×5@ Within -10%of 5RM. Then… 3 rounds for time of: 10 KB Snatch R arm 10 KB Snatch L arm 20 Burpee Over the Box Jumps 20″ 30 Jumping Squats 45/35#
Level 1 Classes:
Review: push jerk, split jerk
Skills: dips, pistols
WOD: Partners/12 Minutes : Run 200m, amrap alternating 10 dips/10 pistols. Both partners work at the same time.
Coach Kyle, what do I do if I am sick?
-If you are sick, stay away from the gym! Pushing yourself while your bodies immune system is already depressed will set you back further… Stay patient. I know this is difficult, but sleeping and destressing need to be your top priority.
-Take some brisk walks, move, and stretch as often as possible. Remember all the mobility work we do at the gym? Pick a few you remember and go ahead and do those. Don't have a foam roller already? Shame on you! Grab one from us ASAP.
-All of the coaches at Elevation try to harp on this, but please stay hydrated! Absolute minimum is 1/2 your bodyweight in ounces of fluid daily… Minimum!
-And of course, RELAX. The hard work you have put in for months will not simply "go away." Relax and know that you will be back on top of your goals in no time.
- 3-4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2.5lbs worth)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño, finely diced
- 1 (4oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 (14oz) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 32 oz fluid chicken stock (I used low sodium, no sugar added)
- juice of 2 limes
- chopped cilantro, to garnish
- crushed plantain chips, to garnish
- sliced avocado, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken on a parchment lined baking sheet. Pour on some olive oil and then sprinkle with cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts). Once your chicken is done baking, use two fork to shred the chicken.
- While your chicken is baking, get your soup ready. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat then add your minced garlic.
- Add onions, red bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, and poblano pepper. Mix around to help coat.
- Once your onions begin to become translucent, pour in your green chiles and diced fire roasted tomatoes, along with the rest of your spices. Mix together.
- Then add your shredded chicken and chicken stock to the pot.
- Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- When your soup has simmered, add in your lime juice and a bit more salt and pepper.
- Add your soup to a bowl along with avocado, cilantro, and plantain chips.