WOD for 120924:
7X1 3 Hang Squat Cleans + 1 Push Jerk – heaviest possible, rest 60 sec. -then- Run 400m 40 HR Pushups 30(steps) Single Arm KB OH Walking Lunges 24/16kg (15l/15r) 20 Power Cleans 115/75# 30 HR Pushups 20(steps) Single Arm KB OH Walking Lunges 24/16kg (15l/15r) 10 Power Cleans 115/75# Run 400m For time. Slow Cooker Roast Chicken and Gravy from Nom Nom Paleo
Prep time: 30 minutes Cooking time: ~5-6 hours
- 4-5 pound organic Kosher chicken
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- 2 onions, chopped medium
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup white wine (replace with ¼ cup chicken stock if on the Whole30)
- Sunny Paris seasoning (or your favorite seasoning)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Remove chicken from the fridge and remove any giblets from the cavity. Dry the chicken and season it liberally (inside and out) with salt, pepper, and Sunny Paris seasoning.
- Melt the ghee in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat and sauté the onions, garlic, and tomato paste until the aromatics are softened and lightly browned (around 8-10 minutes). Season the veggies with salt and pepper to taste.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine and chicken stock and transfer everything to the slow cooker.
- Place the chicken breast side down in the slow cooker, put on the cover, and set it to cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- When the chicken is finished cooking, take it out of the slow cooker and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Defat the braising sauce, check for seasoning, and blend it with an immersion blender to make delicious gravy.
- Carve the chicken and served it with the gravy. (Serves 4 - 6)